Mission #4: Shoes

As I have already admitted, I am not like many women who are addicted to shoes. My addiction lies squarely at the feet of pajama pants. Or so I thought. When we had to empty out our hall closet to put in the new floor, I was horrified. Apparently, even though I thought I only had a few pairs of shoes (that I wear regularly, plus a few more that are for the occasional dressy event), I was wrong. I easily own 2 or 3 (ok, 4) times more shoes than I thought I did. This is NOT good. Where did they all come from? And why are my duck boots from college still in my closet?

A side note on the duck boots. Yes, I own duck boots. No, I haven't worn them since college. But yes, I did wear them in college. Regularly. I loved all four years I spent at William & Mary, but it rains there all the time. Remember learning in high school about how the founding fathers of Virginia moved the capitol of colonial Virginia from Williamsburg to Richmond because of how wet it was? Well, it still is. And the only way to survive living there for four years is a good pair of duck boots. Everyone had them - nothing like needing to write your initials inside of your duck boots because on an especially rainy day there are so many pairs lined up on the porch of the sorority house you need to be able to tell which are yours. So don't judge my lack of fashion sense.

Anyways, every pair of shoes that I have ever owned is in my house, and stacked on three shoe racks in my entranceway, hallway, and closet. The insanity ends now. Mission #4 is all about shoes. I know that you can do it too.

Shoes are fairly simple - I feel like it's one of those things that isn't hard to do, once you find some time to do it.
  1. Sort shoes - I am planning on doing this a few times...once by person (my husband can sort his own shoes), once by type (sneakers, flip flops, dress shoes, etc.), and again by size (I have a few different sizes, due to my feet growing as an adult...why doesn't anyone tell you that this happens??).
  2. Pull out all the shoes that I don't wear anymore or that are too worn out to continue to wear. This means you, pair of adorable brown sandals whose straps have fallen apart. These can be thrown away, donated, or recycled.
  3. Pick out the shoes that I actually wear and get rid of the rest.
  4. Keep fingers crossed that I get rid of so many pairs of shoes that I will need to go shopping for some new ones. :)

1 comments:

Melinda said...

Yes, shoes can literally take over your whole house. And if you get them all purged and organized, I think you've definitely earned yourself a brand spankin' new pair!! ;0)

Post a Comment